Jaipur, popularly known as the Pink City, is a city that is brimming with history and culture. The capital city of Rajasthan, Jaipur is a popular tourist destination that attracts millions of tourists every year. The city is known for its magnificent palaces, forts, temples, and bustling bazaars. If you are visiting Jaipur full day tour, here is a day tour guide that will help you explore the city’s best sights and sounds.
- Amber Fort: The first stop on your day tour of Jaipur should be Amber Fort, located just 11 km from the city center. Built-in the 16th century by Raja Man Singh, Amber Fort is a magnificent fort that is a perfect example of Rajput architecture. The fort is situated on a hill, and to reach the top, you can either take an elephant ride or a jeep ride. The fort has a beautiful Sheesh Mahal, which is made entirely of glass and mirrors.
- City Palace: After visiting Amber Fort, head to the City Palace, located in the heart of the city. The City Palace is a beautiful palace that was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. The palace is a perfect blend of Rajasthani and Mughal architecture and is a treat for history buffs. The palace has a museum that showcases the rich history and culture of Rajasthan.
- Hawa Mahal: Next, visit the Hawa Mahal, also known as the Palace of Winds. The Hawa Mahal is an iconic landmark of Jaipur and is known for its unique architecture. The palace was built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh and has 953 small windows or ‘jharokhas’ that are intricately designed. The palace was built for the royal women so that they could observe the daily life of the city without being seen.
- Jantar Mantar: After visiting the Hawa Mahal, head to Jantar Mantar, located just a few minutes away. Jantar Mantar is an astronomical observatory that was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II in the 18th century. The observatory has various instruments that were used to study astronomy and predict eclipses.
- Bazaars: No visit to Jaipur is complete without experiencing the bustling bazaars. The city is known for its colorful markets that offer a variety of goods such as textiles, jewelry, handicrafts, and much more. Some of the famous bazaars in Jaipur are Johari Bazaar, Tripolia Bazaar, and Bapu Bazaar.
In conclusion, Jaipur is a city that is steeped in history and culture, and a day tour of the city will leave you mesmerized. From magnificent palaces to bustling bazaars, Jaipur has something for everyone. So, if you are visiting Jaipur, make sure to follow this Jaipur day tours guide to explore the best sights and sounds of the Pink City.